The LIBRARY is the heart of a learning center. Christ College Library has a good collection of books consisting of reference books, literary works (Tamil & English), encyclopedias, subject text books, periodicals, national & international journals, dailies and CDs / DVDs of digital books.
Library maintains a BOOK BANK with a sizable number of text books for the use of economically disadvantaged students, who will be allowed to borrow two extra text books for the semester duration.
Library Working Hours : 08.30 a.m. - 05.00 p.m.
Books will be issued during : 08:30 a.m. - 09:00 a.m.
12:00 noon - 01:00 p.m. &
03:00 p.m. - 05:00 p.m.
The following guidelines may be useful:...
- Students are encouraged to use the library extensively.
- Each student is given a Library Card soon after the admission.
- A student may borrow three books using the Library card for a period of two weeks and can extend for another week.
- Loss of Library Card must be intimated immediately to the Librarian and obtain a duplicate Library Card by paying the fine of Rs. 100/-
- Borrowers failing to return books within the prescribed period shall pay a fine of Rs. 1/- per day per book.
- Stealing books or tearing pages is a serious offence and will be seriously dealt with.
- Strict silence should be maintained in the library.
- Students are not allowed to bring any printed matter or files into the library.
- Books must not be marked or damaged in any manner.
- Students must examine each book before borrowing and immediately report any damage or missing/loose pages, if any. If they fail to do, so they will be held responsible for any damage detected after their use of the book.
- Students shall replace or pay for the cost of any book lost by them.
- Reference books and periodicals should be used in the library only.
- Students must present their Identity Card before entering the library.
- Students must immediately report the loss of Identity Card to the Office.
Christ College has well equipped computer labs with sophisticated systems and latest software packages for different educational requirements. It is facilitated with competent technical experts. The college campus is equipped with hi-speed internet connectivity through Fiber Optic Cables. All the computers in the campus are provided with uninterrupted power supply and internet connection to facilitate the undisturbed learning.
The thrust area in Christ College is that every student of the college is given competency in computer skills to fit into the job market. So students are given an opportunity to have easy access and hands-on-experience on computers. Regular computer practical classes are given utmost priority in order to equip the students with needed skill to work with the computers. The College provides internet connectivity and it is open for the students and staff members for browsing during and after the College hours at low price.
- Two Labs for Class Practicals with 50 computers and a LCD projector each.
- Digital Lab consisting of 50 computers with Internet & Intranet facilities.
- Language Lab consisting of 50 computers connected with head-phones & microphones; and latest language learning software.
- Digital Electronic Lab equipped with microprocessors and digital kit.
- Basic Computer Lab for beginners to learn Typing, Data Entry and basic computer skills.
- PG Computer Lab consisting of 30 hi-end computers with all the software as per the requirement.
Clubs and Associations
Participation in Curricular and Co-Curricular activities enriches the students’ learning and performance. To develop initiative, a sense of responsibility and to widen the knowledge and interest in the subject for the students, the college encourages the students to enroll themselves in their respective Associations and also in other Associations and Clubs.
Membership in these associations is compulsory. Student leaders of the above associations are selected at the beginning of each academic year. Each Association has a member of the faculty as an advisor. All the Associations and Clubs will conduct activities, inter departmental / inter collegiate competitions during the year.
The Associations are as follows:
- VEERAMAMUNIVAR - Dept. of Tamil - Association
- CAPITA - Dept. of Commerce - Association
- PARADIGM - Dept. of Business Administration - Association
- ZI-COMP - Dept. of Computer Science - Association
- SPARKS - Dept. of Computer Application - Association
- EVOLV-ENG - Dept. of English - Association
- CONSTANT - (PI) - Dept. of Mathematics - Association
- GO SERV - Dept. of Social Work - Association
The Clubs are as follows:
- SPIKES - Sports Club
- SALVO - Cultural Club
- Library Club
- Spoken English Club
- Tamil Literary Club
- Mathematics Club
- WOMEN Cell
Sports and Games
Sports and games facilities are offered to every student who desires to develop his/her potential abilities and qualities of sportsmanship. Sports activities such as Volley ball, Basket ball, Cricket, Table Tennis, Shuttle, Kho-Kho, Kabadi, Throw ball Football and Athletics are encouraged. All students are advised and encouraged to use the facilities in the campus.
The teams to represent the College in the various games in the Intercollegiate, University and other tournaments will be selected at the beginning of the Academic Year. Selection is based on competency in both games and academics.
Parents are one of the prime collaborators of any educational institution. Without their collaboration college cannot succeed in educating the students. Hence Christ College with the above awareness conducts Parents’ Meet twice in a year to discuss about the performance and all round development of the student. The parents are encouraged to meet the concerned faculty to discuss about the progress about their child.
‘C R I S T A’ - Weekly Assembly
To encourage the students to come forward in public, to throw away their stage fear, to communicate in English, to exhibit their talents, to coordinate as a team, to pray and thank God, and to get appreciation from the staff and students, we have 30 minutes of Assembly on all Wednesdays under the banner ‘CRISTA’. Each department makes elaborate preparations and has healthy competition among each other in conducting this weekly assembly effectively.
‘S A L V O’ - Inter-Department Culturals
Another stud in the crown of Christ College is ‘SALVO’ that nurtures students’ passion for the creative arts. Students showcase their talents in poetry, music - vocal & instrumental, dance - western & folk, drama, oration, etc., during ‘SALVO’, the inter-departmental cultural and literary competitions.
Christ College has a dedicated counselor (Dean of Students’ Welfare) available in the college on all the working days. The counselor guides the students in the area of academics, emotional well-being, and other personal matters. Every class has a faculty as the Class Counselor and any student can easily approach in need of guidance. This system ensures continuous support and encouragement, and better rapport among the students and with the faculty.
The college has a wonderful academic ambiance with specified buildings for Arts, Science and PG. Well furnished classrooms with good ventilation, surrounded by lush green trees is an added strength. A spacious play ground, vast sitting area, Auditorium and Administrative block are special attraction in the campus.
The college runs buses from Poonamallee, Arakkonam, Thiruvallur, Thodukadu, Pondur, Sriperumbudur and Sunguvarchatram, on all working days at reasonable 0fare. Those who wish to use the college bus services may approach the Person-in-charge of Transport after getting the admission in the college.
At the beginning of each year an inaugural mass is celebrated to invoke God’s blessings for the new academic year. Holy Mass during Christmas Celebration is a special feature of our college. A thanksgiving mass is also celebrated before the semester-end examination for God’s bountiful blessings and guidance.